For those interested in working in a rural setting, the job search can be confusing and overwhelming. This Grand Rounds will help Physician’s Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and Physicians untangle the many barriers to their rural job search by introducing tools and resources designed to help those that are looking for rural specific opportunities.
After this presentation, participants will be able to:
- List factors that affect the rural job search.
- Develop a professional online candidate profile.
- Articulate the importance of job boards, including 3RNet, to your career search.
Pre-Session Review Content
Prior to the January Grand Rounds event, participants should:
- Watch the “Register Today!” whiteboard video on www.3rnet.org and register on 3RNet.
- Locate and document 3 rural job postings on 3RNet and bring to Grand Rounds event.
- Develop a professional statement, i.e. 30 second speech about your career goals, experience, yourself. Bring your professional statement for use in the in-session activity.