Facilitator Lesson Plan
This teaching kit contains all you need to host your own team-based active learning event featuring work by Mike Shimmens, the executive director of 3RNET, and Michelle Varcho, the director of education outreach for 3RNET.
For those interested in working in a rural setting, the job search can be confusing and overwhelming. This Grand Rounds will help Physician’s Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and Physicians untangle the many barriers to their rural job search by introducing tools and resources designed to help those that are looking for rural specific opportunities.
NOTE: Although the context for recruiting may change over coming decades, the principles will likely remain the same. Therefore, we have not assigned an expiry date for this teaching kit.
If you have questions about how to use or to adapt this teaching kit to your setting, contact us to schedule a phone call. We are happy to go over the details. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Participants will be able to:
- List factors that affect the rural job search.
- Develop a professional online candidate profile.
- Articulate the importance of job boards, including 3RNet, to your career search.
- Arrange your participants into teams within the room.
- Facilitate your session by following the prompts in the presenter notes of the Slide Deck.
- Facilitate general discussion with the full group. Go over any lingering thoughts.
- Evaluate the materials on your experience.