Facilitator Lesson Plan
The Agricultural Exposures teaching kit contains all you need to host your own team-based, active-learning event featuring work by Diane Rohlman, PhD, Professor and Endowed Chair in Rural Health and Safety at the University of Iowa.
Organophosphate pesticides are applied to crops throughout the US. These are known neurotoxins, and workers and other members of rural populations are at risk of exposure. Understanding the context of application and exposure is helpful for recommending methods for prevention.
If you have questions about how to use or to adapt this teaching kit to your setting, contact us to schedule a phone call. We are happy to go over the details. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of acute organophosphate pesticide poisoning
- Describe the use of cholinesterase monitoring as a possible diagnosis tool
- Arrange your participants into teams within the room.
- Facilitate your session by following the prompts in the presenter notes of the Slide Deck.
- Facilitate general discussion with the full group. Go over any lingering thoughts.
- Evaluate the materials on your experience.